Sunday, August 29, 2010

Fishy Interview

Interviewer: You have an interesting work experience. But we do not have this profile in Hyderabad. However, this opportunity is available in Kolkata. Would you be interested?

Me: Well, Thank you so much for asking. However, I am the only son to my aging parents and I do not like the idea of staying away from them.
 
Interviewer: Well, don't you think career is equally important for you.

Me: I understand. It would have been great if it was Hyderabad. However, I am not interested to relocate(narrowly irritated)

Interviewer: Kolkata will give you exposure and the necessary, don't you think career is equally important for you.

Me: I understand. Kolkata might be good. However, I really prefer Hyderabad. (narrowly irritated)

Interviewer:You can ask your parents to shift to Kolkata.

Me: ( Losing it) I am extremely sorry. It would be very difficult for them.

Interviewer: It's not available here. May I know the actual reason for you not preferring Kolkata?

Me: (having decided to end the discussion and interview) Well, I don't like the smell of fish and that's why I am not going there!

Me:Thanks for your time. Bye! ( I walked out cheerfully)

2 comments:

  1. Firstly, I like the idea behind this blog! :D
    & secondly, PLz explain wht the title means!!!

    Looking fwd to much entertainment.. for the minorities, of the minorities & by the minority!! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Biraj, Thanks for the comment and congrats for joining the minority.

    GajjiKukka means eveything you'd like intend about corporate life. You are an EMPLOYEE too and you oughta know LOL!!!!

    To know the purpose of the blog, I think we must coffee often!

    ReplyDelete